Are you hiding from the truth? Are you a member of ‘the savings gap’ club – are you one of the large number of people in the UK who have no savings whatsoever? Are you one of the millions people not paying into any form of pension, hiding from ‘the pension time bomb’? Effectively, pretending that you are never going to retire?
All recent financial research confirms the horrible truth that a large proportion of people are failing to plan adequately for their futures and an increasing number of people are heading for financial meltdown as a consequence of not planning at all.
Not having any spare money is the excuse most put forward for people failing to save, but this is just another way of saying that they are currently living beyond their means and are spending too much!
Depending purely on the state pension will leave you with severely limited financial options and a corresponding lifestyle. Is that what you want for your retirement?
But, it isn’t just your retirement you need to focus on – it’s also the decades ‘in between’.
It’s an increasingly rare person who enjoys an uninterrupted career from the school gate to the receipt of their pension, and there are an increasing number of people who are effectively forced to ‘retire’ early as they come out of work in middle age.
Without something ‘behind’ them in the form of savings, adapting to life with very little income comes as a very sharp lesson indeed and is very difficult to escape from once you become ensnared.
If you’re starting to feel uneasy whilst reading this, it’s not too late to change your course and achieve a better balance in your current and future planning.
An independent financial adviser can help you to re-appraise your financial life, help you avoid hemorrhaging money, set up simple savings habits and implement protection programmes that put you back in charge of your destiny.
An IFA, such as ICF Financial Services Ltd, can help you arrange and review :
- Lump sum and regular savings schemes
- Personal pension plans
- The various ways of taking retirement benefits – such as Flexible Access Drawdown (FAD) and annuities
- The protection of your mortgage and family with life assurance and critical illness cover
- The protection of your income in the event of long term illness or incapacity
- Mortgages and remortgages*
* Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The precise amount will depend on your circumstances but we estimate that it will be £249. ICF Financial Services Ltd is a Credit Broker and not a lender and any fees are charged solely for Credit Broking Services, not lending services.
For further details of how to link up with an independent financial adviser, locally, please contact any one of Hedon Insurance’s offices.